Ultravac ™ Vacuum Forming Machine in 1082
Description & Indications:
The UltraVac™ vacuum former is a light-weight version of the Ultra-Form. The UltraVac utilizes a single, threeposition toggle switch operation system that activates the unit’s heating element and vacuum pump and also turns the unit off. An indicator light on the UltraVac’s base warns the operator when the heating element is activated and ready for operation.
Operating Instructions (Read before operating):
Prior to plugging in the UltraVac become familiar with the unit’s features and operating functions. It is equipped with non-stick vacuum plates and smooth-glide clamping frame systems (Fig. 1).
1. Before operation, make sure the clamping frame opens, closes and locks easily into place using the screw-handle clamp. Attach the two black handles into the clamping frame. Check the slide operation by moving the clamping frame into the up, Heat position.
2. Plug the unit into a standard grounded outlet (U.S., 10 amps, 120 volts; Europe, 5 amps, 240 volts).
3. Place the switch in the Heat position. Make sure heating element activates and the indicator light activates. Rotate heating element hood to either side before placing plastic tray sheet in clamping frame.
4. Next, move the toggle switch to the Vacuum position to ensure that the vacuum pump functions properly.
Note: Smoking from the heating element may occur with the first use due to oil on the heating element. If the UltraVac unit does not function properly, call 1-800-552-5512 (in the U.S.) or your respective distributor (outside the U.S.) for assistance. Your vacuum former is now ready for use.
Please read the following instructions before operating.
Important Note: Never leave the Ultra-Form or UltraVac unit unattended when on. DO NOT attempt to deactivate or alter product safety features. The unit could be damaged and/or cause fire if unattended while heating element is on.
Operate in a clean, uncluttered area. Keep all combustibles away from unit. Use caution as heating element hood becomes hot, especially after repeated use.
General Use Procedure:
1. Insert selected sheet resin material into the clamping frame. The S or screw-handle clamps allow adjustment of the frame according to the thickness of the material used. For most materials, spray model and plate with Ultrasep™ III silicone lubricant.
2. Place model or cast on vacuum plate. Instructions for various applications are outlined below.
3. Slide clamping frame upward until it locks into position. Turn main switch on. Allow appropriate time (usually 2-4 minutes) for the material to heat sufficiently
to achieve optimal sag for vacuum forming. We recommend approximately 2.5 inches (6.5cm) for the 0.035” Sof-Tray® bleaching material (Fig. 3). Most other materials are heated until they sag 0.5-1 inch. Milky, semi-transparent coping material should be formed when it becomes clear and barely begins to sag.
Experience helps in knowing optimum point of sag for the various plastic materials used. Thinner materials such as coping, splint, and 0.040” mouthguards do not require the same amount of sag as thicker materials (see individual material instructions below).
4. When the desired sag has been achieved, lower the clamping frame over the model. Activate the vacuum. A smooth, controlled lowering is recommended for thin materials.
5. Run vacuum motor for 10-20 seconds for thin plastics and 20-40 seconds for thick materials to ensure adaptation. Turn off main switch. Allow material to cool until it is comfortable enough to handle.
Miscellaneous Application Procedures
A. Opalescence® Tooth Whitening Appliances:
1. The stone model should be carefully trimmed through the palate (Fig. 2). Proper trimming will prevent rocking or movement of the model on the plate. Trim the base as close as possible to 90° to the average long axis of the teeth to minimize undercuts that may potentiate folds in the plastic
upon forming. After model is dry, apply and cure Ultradent® LC Block-Out Resin to create reservoirs.
2. Insert a 0.035” Sof-Tray sheet into the plastic clamping frame. Sof-Tray sheets are ideal since they are thin, tough and soft. Lock the Sof-Tray sheet into position using the S or single-handle clamps.
3. Place stone model on vacuum plate. Although not mandatory, spraying model and plate with a layer Ultrasep III (silicone) will aid in separating the model from the form. Slide the clamping frame all the way up to the locked position and the turn switch on. The heating element will activate and begin to soften the Sof-Tray sheet. Allow 2-3 minutes to achieve optimum sag (~2.5 inches or
6.5cm, Fig. 3). This amount of heating facilitates
a thinner bleaching tray.
4. When the material has sagged enough, lower the plastic clamping frame over the model in a smooth, controlled manner. Maintain vacuum for 10-20 seconds.
After material is sufficiently cooled, remove model and plastic from vacuum plate. When plastic is completely cooled, carefully extract the model from the Sof-Tray material. (It is possible to cool model and plastic form under running tap water for more rapid cooling).
Note: Distortion may occur more easily if form is too warm.
5. Cut excess bulk of resin material away with Ultradent® Utility Cutters (serrated plastic trimmers, Fig. 4).
6. With Ultradent’s spring-action Ultra-Trim™ scalloping scissors (small tactile scissors), carefully and precisely trim tray just shy of gingival margin
(0.25-0.33mm). Take care to scallop around interdental papilla (Fig. 5). Because of the unique Sof-Tray material and the superior action of the UltraVac, the contrast afforded where the LC Block-Out resin stops (about 1.5mm shy of gingival margin) defines the gingival margin readily by a shiny line where it makes a reverse curve into the gingival sulcus on the stone model.
7. Return tray to model and check tray extensions. Adjust Blazer® Micro Torch to low setting. Gently flame polish edges one quadrant at a time (Fig. 6). Immediately following flame polishing of each quadrant, while plastic is still warm, readapt tray if necessary by stretching out warm material with finger. Hold periphery of each segment firmly against the model with wet finger until plastic has cooled (Fig. 7).
Buy best dental supplies online at oyodental.com with the high-quality and fast free shipping!
Order with confirmed payment will be shipped out in 2 business days and 3-4 days for order placed on weekends. Delivery time may vary depends on the destination and the shipping service you choose.
|Shipping Options & Time|
|Country||The cure cordless|
|Canada, U.S.A:||4-7 business days|
|Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea:||4-7 business days|
|Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K:||5-10 business days(Note: If you live in Italy, Arrival time need 25-30 days)|
|Japan, P.R Korea, R.Korea, Mongolia:||5-10 business days|
|Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam:||4-7 business days|
|Other country buyer:||Please contact us shipping cost|
Some items with the different standard may need 2-3 business days as Custom period (e.g. Different Power Supplies with the Different Standard Voltage Which Will Take 2-3 Business Days to Fix It )
All the products are originally salable goods; the quality is guaranteed directly by the manufacturers, more detaill , please consult the warranty.
Our website offers the warranty service one year for the host, six months for the parts .
Products,within the warranty period, under the scope of damage of the quality assurance, we can exchange or fix the items for the customers. Stoppages out of the website maintenance period ,customers can contact the manufacturer or us to get corresponding services according to the terms of the maintenance of product warranty.